Munnar CSI Christ Church
The history of Munnar CSI Christ Church is unique. Its real history begins with a cemetery which is attached to it. Mrs. Eleanor Knight, the wife of H.M Knight, the General Manager of the plantation was buried there in 1894. After the buriel of Mrs. Knight, some other British were also buried there. Later on Knight presented that area as a place of burial. It was formally consecrated on April 15th 1900 on Easter Day by Rt. Rev. Noel Hodges. The foundation stone of the church was laid on March 1910 by Sir. A. K. Muir. It was dedicated on Easter day April 16th in the year 1911 by Rev. W.F.B Hoysted who was the chaplain at that time. The British handed over the church to CSI North Kerala Diocese when they left the High Range in the year 1981. Till then both the Indians and British worshipped in the same church at different times. Now it is the head quarters of CSI Munnar Pastorate which has nearly 1000 Tamil families and 18 out station churches.
Karikkode Devi Temple
This is the oldest Temple in the district and many people used to visit here on its festival days. This temple is located in Thodupuzha.
This is a famous pilgrim centre on the way to Kattappana and it resembles mount Calvery where Jesus Christ was crucified.
Mangala Devi Temple
The ancient temple, 15Kms from Thekkady, is hidden in the dense woods at the top of a peak 1337 m above sea level. The temple is built in the traditional Kerala style of architecture and visitors are allowed here only on Chitra Pournami festival day. The peak commands a panoramic view of the eastern slopes of the Ghats and small hill villages of Tamil Nadu.
Sree Aiyappa Temple
This Temple is dedicated to Lord Ayappa. It is situated at Anachal, 15 KM from Munnar. The six day annual festival commences with the ceremonial hoisting of the temple flag (Kodiyettam). On the last two days processions with traditionally decorated elephants lend colour and majesty. Art forms like 'Ottanthullal' enliven the temple premises. The traditional 'Thookkam', a ritual is also conducted.
Sree Krishna Swamy Temple
The temple, dedicated to Lord Krishna , is located at the heart of Thodupuzha town . It celebrates a ten day festival every year . On the first day , a concert by renowned musician is presented . 'Chakyarkoothu' is held on the 4th , 5th and 6th days of the festival. 'Kathakali' performances are also held on 5th and 6th days . The most auspicious days of the festival are the 7th , 8th and 9th. Procession. participated by five caparisoned elephants and temple percussion music are held in the mornings and evenings on these days.
St. Antony's Shrine
The St.Antonys shrine of Santhigram parish stands tall at Nalumukku on the Erattayar - Thankamani road in Idukki district. It falls in the diocese of Kothamangalam. Today it has grown to become a pilgrimage centre and thousands of devotees visit this church to attend the liturgical services in honour of St.Antony and Infant Jesus held every Tuesday and first Friday respectively . By the divine plan of God, it has turned out to be a place where people of all faiths come together and listen to the word of God. Since 1965 devotional prayers are being offered there. There after the priests in charge have made pain-staking efforts to bring up this place into what it is today . It was blessed by Rev.Fr.Mathew Kochuparambil bishop of Dimshu in 1984.
St. George C.S.I. Church
This is the oldest church in the district and was built by the British.. The church was founded by Rev. Henry Baker Jr. in 1869. All the churches in the tea garden areas were once linked to this pallikkunnu church. This church has a unique place among Europeans as many British planters and veterans sleep in eternal peace in its cemetery.
New Apartment in Thrissur
2 & 3 BHK Apartments in Thrissur with Luxury Amenities